Wednesday, June 07, 2006

oh, the joy of sliding

Here's a confession: one of my all-time favorite things to do is go down slides. Oh-my-gosh! It is so amazing.
We went to the Delke's house for Aunt Anne's birthday a few weeks ago. It was okay at first, but I was a bit shy and couldn't find anything really fun to do except try to get the cat. But he was too fast. Then, all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of magnificent orange. Could it be? Yes, it was! Across the room, through the sliding glass door and into the backyard, I saw it. A slide. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Like a starving man running to a feast, I hobbled as fast as I could towards the slide. And then bang! In my haste I had failed to remember that a large pane of glass separated me from my goal. But I wouldn't let a bump on the forehead stop me. I yelled and screamed until someone opened the door. And then... heaven.
Gosh, what a day. Then, to make things even better, I found out a couple of weeks later that my friend Gracie has a slide too.

No comments: